The Vitamix Ascent A2300 blender is stylish and sleek in appearance, extremely useful in functionality, feature-rich, convenient to use, and affordable. It’s also capable of whipping up the best smoothies, milkshakes, juices, soups, frozen desserts, and much more.
The A2300 is the first model from the company’s “Ascent” series, where Vitamix uses the latest technologies to design innovative blenders with customer convenience in mind. The A2300 is also the most affordable blender in the series.
Its 2.2 horsepower motor is very powerful, delivering faster blends. Variable speed controls and the built-in digital timer are smart additions. The motor base of this blender detects the container size you have selected and then adjusts the blending program setting and time automatically to give you tailored results.
If you’re looking for a blender that is a workhorse and will serve you for many years to come, then you can safely bet on the Vitamix Ascent A2300. In fact, it is so efficient that many commercial establishments use the A2300 as well. However, this is primarily a home blender.
Vitamix Ascent A2300 Rating
- Build Quality
Vitamix A2300 Review: Features
- 10 variable speed controls.
- Pulse feature.
- Peak 2.2 horsepower motor.
- Built-in digital timer to avoid under or over processing the recipes.
- Built-in wireless connectivity.
- Clear lid for viewing ingredients during blending.
- Its lid plug also works as the measuring cup.
- 64 oz capacity.
- Tamper for pressing thick and frozen mixtures towards the blades. There is no need to stop the blender to scrape the container’s sides.
- Motor base can detect the selected container, analyze its size, and adjust the blending program and time automatically.
- Mess-free pouring spout.
- Under-cabinet profile that fits in the kitchen easily.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Full-color hardcover recipe book for soups, dips, smoothies, and more.
Many previous Vitamix blenders came with a 2 horsepower motor. At 2.2 HP, this motor is obviously more powerful, so the A2300 can process difficult ingredients more efficiently. It produces smooth blends, in spite of the strong motor and aggressive blade.
You can prepare hot soup in the container directly — there is no need to heat your mixture separately. The motor will generate the heat and transfer it to the blender. There will be steam, so your soup will be more than just “warm”.
The blade has a 4-point design to create a vortex that sucks the ingredients down into them. The blade and motor work together very well to thoroughly blend the container’s contents.
Variable Speed Controls
There are 10 variable speed controls on the Vitamix Ascent A2300 blender, giving you complete control. You can fine-tune the device to dial-in precise food texture. All you have to do is just adjust the speed dial from 1 to 10 — chop your ingredients to get the right consistency for salsa, or unleash its full power for hot soups or smoothies.
Using the pulse feature is a breeze. It’s just a simple toggle switch, but it can give you big rewards. You can chop the added garnish to the soup, and make it just a bit tastier. Thanks to the pulse feature, you can get the right texture you want. This will work even on the toughest vegetables and fruits, and the softest pulp too. Add a short burst to use the full potential of your A2300.
The A2300’s digital time is a fantastic addition by Vitamix. Very few blenders have this feature. It is very thoughtful as you never have to guess — just follow your recipe plan, set the timer accordingly, and you’ll wind up with the perfect result again and again. Your Vitamix Ascent A2300 blender will count up, and display the time of the blend. The motor will stop automatically. There is automatic cutoff at six and half minutes.
Your Vitamix Ascent A2300 blender will also count up, and display the time of the blend. The motor will stop automatically, and there is automatic cutoff at six and half minutes.
There is an additional advantage of the digital timer. You don’t have to stand beside the blender and hold down its blend button.
Wireless connectivity is a new addition by Vitamix and one of the most useful features. The base of your model will use NFC or Near-Field Communication to identify the container you are using. This will let the blender use both small and full-size containers. It will run only when a container is recognized, and the NFC tag has been embedded at the container’s bottom.
There is also Bluetooth. So when you search for available Bluetooth connections, Vitamix_1.1 is going to show up.
Family Pack (Optional Upgrade!)
While not included with the base A2300 configuration, Vitamix also offers a Family Pack upgrade that includes a SELF-DETECT 20-ounce container cup, two 8-ounce bowls, two lids, and a blade base. The cup and bowls attach directly to the base, allowing you to blend small batches of ingredients and single serving smoothies. This is a great option for families and we use the bowls to blend baby food for our 8-month old. The only downside to these is the fact that it can be a bit tricky to get the base to detect the smaller containers, but overall, the Family Pack is a great upgrade to consider.
Vitamix offers an impressive full 10-year warranty on the Ascent A2300 blender. They even cover shipping both ways in the event that your machine needs a repair.
Where to Buy the Vitamix Ascent A2300
You can order the Ascent A2300 directly from Vitamix, or it can be purchased through Amazon. Both stores are currently offering free shipping (you’ll need to order through this link if buying it from Vitamix), but if funds are tight, purchasing any of Vitamix’s blenders directly from Vitamix gives you the option to pay in 18 easy payments with no interest charges.
Another nice advantage of ordering directly from Vitamix is their 30-day in-home trial offer. Try the A2300 out in your kitchen and if at any time within the first 30 days you decide that it doesn’t live up to your expectations, you can return it for a full refund. Vitamix even covers the cost to ship it back.
Pros and Cons
What we like:
- Powerful 2.2 horsepower motor.
- The blades work very well for pureeing, crushing or chopping.
- The Ascent A2300 works equally well for veggies, soups, frozen drinks, and more.
- At 64 oz the container capacity is adequate for most homes.
- Easy to operate pulse feature.
- As many as 10 variable speed controls, more than most models.
- The digital timer is a fantastic addition. It takes out all the guesswork and makes blending so much more convenient.
- Built-in wireless connectivity.
- You can choose from four color options – Black, Red, Slate, and White.
- Sleek and modern in appearance.
- Dishwasher safe. The parts can be taken out for cleaning and re-assembled easily.
- 10-year full warranty.
- The full-color hardcover recipe book is a nice inclusion.
What we don’t like:
- Small containers are not available yet. But Vitamix has said a 20 oz container will be available later in 2017.
- The Ascent A2300 is Bluetooth enabled. But the feature has not been enabled yet.
- No program settings as you’ll find with the Ascent A2500 and A3500 models. Also, we prefer the A3300’s touch controls over the A2300’s switches.
- It costs more than the average blender.
The Ascent A2300 from Vitamix is a great buy considering the smart technologies and features you find in this model. This is one easy-to-use blender as well. We also love Vitamix’s impressive 10-year warranty, as this shows that the company is serious about standing behind their machines.
The Vitamix Ascent A2300 would be a great choice for anyone who is buying their first high-end blender and those who are looking to upgrade.
I just purchased a refurbished vitamix 5300 just delivered today its still in the box I didn’t open it yet now I see that the A2300 is on sale and it’s brand new I’m thinking to return the refurbished one and order the new one since it has a longer warranty and also more features. Let me know what you think what I should do.
Hey Stephanie, thanks for the comment. If it were me, I would definitely return it and go with the Ascent A2300.
Regardless of what you decide to do, enjoy your new Vitamix!
Hi, i just bought an A2300, but i am not sure can I use it to make hot soup? how can it heat up the soup for me? there is no hot soup setting or heating up setting!
can you help me? thanks!
Small containers are not available yet. But Vitamix has said a 20 oz container will be available later in 2017.
The Ascent A2300 is Bluetooth enabled. But the feature has not been enabled yet.
Ok, it’s May 2019 and the small containers are available. Please update your review. I can’t tell if it is Bluetooth enabled, yet. but the small containers are available.