Fast and furious thanks to its 2.2 horsepower motor, the Vitamix Ascent A2500 blender is capable of providing a smooth texture — whether you are blending a milkshake, soup or dessert. This is a smart device, and all of the blenders in Vitamix’s Ascent series are loaded with a lot of high-end technology.
The Vitamix A2500 brings everything together that a consumer can wish for. Its motor will pulverize all ingredients to give you a smooth consistency. There are three program settings to choose from for hot soups, frozen desserts, and smoothies, so you can always get the best blending results. Ten variable speed controls help you dial-in the right texture.
There are plenty of conveniences in this model, such as the see-through BPA-free container with clear markings on top. In fact, even the lid is clear. This blender also features the pulse feature, built-in digital timer, wireless connectivity, and more. The Ascent A2500 is an upgrade of the company’s A2300 blender, and the Ascent series also includes the popular A3300 and top-of-the-line A3500 models.
Vitamix recently launched the Ascent series, but the blenders in this series have already created quite a buzz. People from around the world have purchased the A2500, and there have been many positive reviews shared so far.
Vitamix Ascent A2500 Rating
- Build Quality
Vitamix A2500 Features
- 2.2 horsepower motor that pulverizes tough ingredients efficiently.
- Laser-cut blades made from stainless steel.
- Three program settings for frozen desserts, hot soups, and smoothies that adjust the blending speed and time automatically for the selected container size. It stops automatically once the program is complete.
- Ten variable speed controls.
- Pulse feature.
- BPA-free see-through 64 oz container.
- Built-in digital timer to avoid under or over processing the recipes.
- Digital interface display.
- Lid plug also works as the measuring cup.
- Mess-free pouring spout.
- Under-cabinet profile that fits in the kitchen easily.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Sleeker design.
- Full-color hardcover recipe book for soups, dips, smoothies, and more.
- 10-year warranty.
- The Vitamix Ascent A2500 blender is available in four colors – Black, Red, Slate, and White.
The Vitamix Ascent A2500 is an upgrade over the company’s A2300 blender. While there are no program settings in the A2300, this blender has three convenient pre-programmed blends built right in (for frozen desserts, hot soups, and smoothies). Also, these program settings adjust automatically depending on the size of the container you’re using. The setting stops the blender when the process is complete.
The Vitamix Ascent series makes use of cutting-edge technology. A good example of that is the display timer in the A2500 blender. The counter does two things — it counts up the minutes and seconds of manual blends when you select variable speed, and it counts down when you select a pre-programmed setting.
By counting down the remaining time, the device tells you precisely when the blending will end. There’s never any guesswork while you’re blending — the motor will stop automatically after six and half minutes when you are using the big 64 oz jar. We wonder why more blenders don’t have this smart and convenient feature.
A2500 Design & Aesthetics
The Vitamix Ascent A2500 blender looks very sharp and stylish. It’s a huge improvement over previous Vitamix models. The tapered design of the 64 oz jar allows you to blend small amounts if required, but the model is equally efficient when you want to blend a full load of fruits, veggies, crushed ice, or ice cream. This blender has all the power you need to grind, chop, liquefy or puree big batches. It works well with small quantities like 4 ounces as well. The 64 oz container is marked clearly by millimeter, ounce, and cup measurements for your convenience.
Both the lid and container surface are see-through, so you can look inside easily and monitor the results. This entirely see-through look gives it a kind of futuristic appearance. Before Vitamix came out with the Ascent range of blenders, the lids were black in color which blocked the view from above, so this is a welcomed change. Also, the A2500’s lid snaps on nicely with a click when it’s locked.
The Vitamix A2500 is also shorter in height, so it easily slides under kitchen cabinets to save space. Even though the blender container is shorter, it is still 64 oz and adequate for the requirements of an average family. The container is 17″ tall. Many other blenders have 20.5″ containers, which makes it difficult to store with the lid attached.
Previously, the entire Vitamix blender line came with a 5 or 7-year warranty. Vitamix blenders are so reliable that they often last much longer than a decade. For the Ascent series, the company has extended the warranty to a full 10 years.
The 10-year full warranty for your Vitamix Ascent A2500 blender covers everything – labor costs, all parts, and even shipping charges (both ways!) if any repairs are needed. Vitamix will also replace parts damaged because of user negligence or error for the first time.
Where to Purchase the Vitamix A2500
You can buy the Ascent A2500 blender directly from Vitamix through their official online store. The company is currently running a special promotion and if you use that link to make your A2500 purchase, Vitamix will automatically apply a free shipping credit to your order (no coupon code is needed). By the way, did you know that when you purchase the A2500 directly from Vitamix, they give you the option of paying in 18 easy installments with no interest charges? This is a good option if money happens to be tight at the moment.
Also, if you order directly from Vitamix and decide within the first 30 days that the A2500 doesn’t live up to your expectations, you can return it to Vitamix for a full refund. The company will even cover the cost of the return shipping.
Pros and Cons
What we like about this blender:
- Three smart program settings for frozen desserts, hot soups, and smoothies.
- Very powerful 2.2 horsepower motor and stainless steel blade that pulverizes even the toughest ingredients like nuts and seeds.
- 10 variable speed controls.
- New sleek design. The see-through container and lid allows you to monitor your blends and make adjustments.
- The lid seals nicely with a click sound.
- This blender works very quietly. It’s the quietest blender from Vitamix.
- Easy to operate pulse feature.
- Built-in wireless connectivity.
- Digital timer removes the guesswork from manual blending. Its timer counts down the remaining time.
• Durable toggle switches.
- 10-year full warranty, which even covers roundtrip shipping.
Things we don’t like:
- The Ascent A2500 could have been better with small portions.
- It is costlier than many models.
If you are looking for a great performing blender that is really convenient to use, the Vitamix Ascent A2500 would make an excellent choice. It is feature-rich, durable, easy to clean, and store, and it’s equally good with frozen desserts, smoothies, and hot soups. At the end of the day, this is a blender that will definitely make your life easier.