The Vitamix S55 Personal Blender is the perfect choice if you care about superior design, power, durability, and consistent performance. The S55 is a serious machine that blends rich textures, has a long warranty, is capable of preparing a wide range of recipes, and is convenient to clean and store. This model comes loaded with many smart features, making it a great choice for anyone who wants a real blender but doesn’t necessarily need a larger-capacity model.
The Vitamix S55 is the most advanced blender in the company’s Personal Series product line. It is the latest model in this series of personal blenders that makes smoothies, hot soups, frozen desserts, baby food, dressings & sauces, batters, nut milk, dips & spreads, flours, and dough in small quantities. The S55 is an upgrade to the other blenders in the series, the Vitamix S30 and S50 Personal Blender.
The popular S55 has become a favorite among those who are living alone or want to blend for a small family. You will actually get two containers with this model – a 40 oz jar which is perfect for times when you have guests visiting and have to prepare more, and a 20 oz portable pitcher with a flip-top lid. The 20 oz container is super portable and has double-wall insulation to keep your drinks cool — perfect while you are traveling.
There are four pre-programmed settings for power blend and smoothies, and 10 variable speed controls for convenient blending. There is a pulse function as well. With these controls, you can fine-tune each recipe and get the exact texture you want.
The S55 blender has a powerful motor and stainless steel blades that are effective both on soft ingredients and hard items such as ice, whole foods, and even nuts and seeds. The interlocking safety system and other safety features will make sure that your blender continues running for many years. The S55 is dishwasher safe too.
Vitamix S55 Rating
- Build Quality
- 1 horsepower motor that can reach up to 240 mph.
- Powerful motor that cuts ice and the thickest ingredients easily.
- Laser-cut stainless steel blades.
- Interchangeable blade base.
- 10 variable speed controls.
- 4 pre-programmed settings to choose from – dips & spreads, power blends, frozen desserts, and smoothies.
- Safety interlocking system with automatic turn-off protection.
- Pulse function.
- Two containers – 40 oz, and the travel-friendly 20 oz.
- The containers are made with BPA-free plastic.
- Double-wall insulation keeps the drinks cool when you are traveling.
- Power blend for tough ingredients like frozen fruits, hearty veggies, powdered supplements, leafy greens, nuts, and seeds.
- Efficient with smoothies, hot soups, frozen desserts, baby food, batters, dough, nut butter, dips & spreads, and more.
- Space-saving and compact design. Fits under the kitchen cabinet easily.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Removable blade assembly.
- Brushed stainless finish.
- Blending recipe book with step-by-step directions.
- Full 5-year warranty.
4 Pre-Programmed Settings
There are four pre-programmed settings on the Vitamix S55 blender, giving you full control. This feature makes this a better blender than the S50, which has two modes, and also the S30 model where there are no pre-programmed settings. The settings in this model are for dips & spreads, power blends, frozen desserts, and smoothies — so it’s easy to know which one to use for your recipe. Counterclockwise from the top, there is the pulse function, followed by the settings for smoothies, power blends, dips & spreads, and finally frozen desserts. Use the power blend for tough ingredients. Use the heating feature to make sauces and soups.
The S55 works very smoothly — just press the setting you want to use and let it do its thing. You also don’t have to worry about the S55 starting up automatically by accident even if there is a spill. There are no switches in the base, and the surface is flat, which means that the S55 is super easy to clean up.
|Electrical Ratings||120 V, 50/60 Hz, 7 Amps|
|Other Features||Variable speeds, pulse|
|Controls||Variable speed control|
|Dimensions||8.3" x 5.9" x 14.6"|
|Capacity||40 oz, 20 oz|
You receive two containers when you order the Vitamix S55 blender – the larger 40 oz jar, and a smaller travel-friendly 20 oz container. You can carry the 20 oz container to the gym and drink from it directly when you’re on the go.
Both containers have double-wall insulation, and are sturdy, BPA-free, shatterproof, and dishwasher safe. The lid is black. The container is see-through with easy-to-read markings so you can measure correctly. You can remove the blade inside for cleaning and attach it back again easily.
You’ll always be in full control thanks to the pre-programmed settings, variable speeds, and pulse function. The blending result is always consistent with the S55 — it’s very easy to get the exact texture you want. The S55 shuts down automatically as well if the motor gets overheated, which prevents burnout and extends the life of the blender. It will also shut down automatically if the blender is shoved or lifted while it is running. This prevents damage or personal injury.
The 4-pronged blades are made with high-quality stainless steel. The blade assembly base is plastic, and the motor to blade coupling is metal. Its one horsepower motor moves the blade and processes even the toughest ingredients efficiently. You can do both dry and wet chopping. The dry blade is good for grinding and kneading butter, while the wet blade is more consistent and better suited for vegetables and raw fruits.
Many blender models from other brands are not dishwasher safe. The S55 is a nice exception. You can remove the parts easily and clean them thoroughly. It is so easy that you won’t even have to look at the manual, and the parts can be attached back easily once the cleaning is done.
The Vitamix S55 comes with a full 5-year warranty which covers parts, labor, and even return shipping in the event that a repair is needed.
Where to Buy the Vitamix S55 Personal Blender
You can buy the Vitamix S30 Personal Blender direct from Vitamix through their website. When you’re ready to order, be sure to use that special link as your order will be automatically credited with FREE shipping. No coupon code is needed, just order through the link above and you’ll see the promotional credit applied to your order when checking out.
Also, at the moment the company is offering a no interest payment plan on the entire line of Vitamix blenders. If you don’t want to pay for your blender upfront, they will split up the cost of the S55 into 18 easy installments. Again, there are no interest charges to do the payment plan, so it makes it really nice if money is a little tight at the moment.
Another nice benefit of ordering direct from Vitamix is their risk-free in-home trial offer. Go ahead and put your S55 to work in your kitchen, and if you decide that it doesn’t meet your expectations within the first 30 days, Vitamix will take it back and send you a full refund. You won’t even have to pay for the return shipping, so there’s zero risk.
Pros and Cons
What We Like:
- Prepares recipes in small quantities for individuals or small families.
- The motor is powerful. Blades are efficient.
- Sleek design.
- 4 pre-programmed settings.
- 10 variable speed controls.
- Works well for chopping, pureeing, grinding, cutting, and mixing.
- Can be used for smoothies, soups, frozen desserts, nut butter, baby foods, dressings & sauces, batters, dips & spreads.
- Pulse function.
- Two containers – 40 oz and 20 oz. Travel-friendly.
- BPA-free plastic containers.
- Shuts off automatically once the cycle is complete.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Full 5-years warranty.
- 30-day trial with full refund including shipping costs if you are unhappy.
Things We Don’t Like:
- Cup is narrow at the top.
- Limited capacity. Good for small tasks only.
- A few buyers have reported that the S55 is not as effective with frozen fruits.
- Costlier than many other blenders.
Congratulations for wanting to start a healthy lifestyle. The Vitamix S55 prepares amazingly good smoothies, sauces, hot soups, dips and spreads, and more at the click of a button. This is a very good blender for individuals and small families. The 20 oz container is travel-friendly so you can carry your food and beverages, and clean up and storage is hassle-free. Highly recommended.